I’ve done a lot of different things in my life. Besides writing and hosting SkyWatchTV, SciFriday, and A View from the Bunker, I’ve sold steel (structural and pipe, flanges, and fittings), tuxedos, real estate, and an industrial device called a programmable logic controller.
I was offered a job as one of the original hosts of the QVC cable shopping channel back in 1986, but I turned it down because they wanted me to give up my radio gig.
Radio was my first career, the one I dreamed of when I was a kid growing up in Chicago. But while my normal friends were listening to WLS, Super ‘CFL, and WMET, I stayed up late listening to the talk show hosts: Dave Baum, the late “Chicago Ed” Schwartz, and Dr. Milton Rosenberg.
Somehow, instead of a career behind the mic examining the issues of the day, I wound up a Top 40 jock, playing the hits for Peoria, Little Rock, Saint Louis, and Philadelphia before I gave it up for a stable home life.
In 2006, I suffered my mid-life crisis. After months of sending out demos culled from P.I.D. Radio, the podcast I’ve co-hosted with my wife, Sharon, since March, 2005. Surprisingly, I was offered a job as the Program Director and afternoon host at talk radio station The Eagle 93.9 in Columbia, Missouri.
During my time there, I had the opportunity to talk with a lot of fascinating people. Here are a few of my favorite interviews.
- CNN’s Lou Dobbs (Nov. 9, 2006)
- Pat Buchanan (Oct. 16, 2006)
- WorldNetDaily CEO Joseph Farah (July 3, 2007)
- Daniel Ellsberg (Sept. 6, 2006)
- Robert Rector of the Heritage Foundation (June 25, 2007)
- Christopher Farrell of Judicial Watch (June 7, 2007)
- Jerome Corsi: North American Shadow Government (Oct. 3, 2006)
- Jerome Corsi: The Security and Prosperity Partnership (March 6, 2007)
- William Phelps: The Fair Tax (Jan. 2, 2007)
- Myron Ebell: Myth of Global Warming (Feb. 6, 2007)
- Fat Momma from Who Wants to Be a Superhero? (Sept. 6, 2006)
- Tracy Della Vecchia: MarineParents.com (Jan. 25, 2007)
- Connie McClellan: Miracle of John McClellan’s recovery (Jan. 18, 2007)
- Todd Burke: Missouri’s New Castle Doctrine (July 2, 2007)
- Steven Milloy: Top Junk Science Stories of 2006 (Jan. 2, 2007)
- Tom Horn: Transhumanism and Posthumanism (Dec. 20, 2006)
- LTC Daniel Marvin: Expendable Elite Part 1 (Dec. 14, 2006)
- LTC Daniel Marvin: Expendable Elite Part 2 (Dec. 14, 2006)
And some of my favorite Off-Road Friday guests:
- Peter Levenda: Sinister Forces
- Jason Offutt: Haunted Missouri
- Katherine Albrecht: Spy Chips
- NUFORC’s Peter Davenport: The UFO at O’Hare Airport
- Indira Singh and LTC Daniel Marvin: Safe Haven for the Enemy (Part 1)
- Indira Singh and LTC Daniel Marvin: Safe Haven for the Enemy (Part 2)
- Doug Elwell: Giants in the Earth