Back after a day off with a renewed determination to write up these show notes on a daily basis. (The crowd cheers.)
Our first guest today was Janese Heavin, education reporter for the Columbia Daily Tribune and the editor of the excellent Class Notes Blog at the Trib’s website. I wanted to talk with her about an article she wrote last week on the practice of “cutting”, compulsive self-mutilation. This is becoming all too common among teens.
Janese also tipped us off to the resignation of Rock Bridge High School principal Andy Kohl. Columbia Public Schools is expected to announce his replacement Thursday.
At 6:00, Rep. Jeff Harris (D-Columbia) of the 23rd District joined us to discuss his candidacy for Missouri attorney general. Jay Nixon, the current AG, is the presumptive Democratic candidate for governor in 2008.
The Eagle 93.9 Intelligence Briefing:
• Bush’s Middle East peace plan falters after Saudis back out
• Middle Easterners smuggled into U.S. through Mexico
• Million-dollar earmark to non-existant organization
• Harris has big fundraising quarter
• Columbia in economic slump
• Solar panels added to city hall roof options