Today we hosted the fourth of the candidates for the U.S. Senate from Missouri, Lydia Lewis of the Progressive Party. She’s definitely not shy about what she believes: Get out of Iraq now; repeal the PATRIOT Act; and finance election campaigns with public money.
Then we talked with intlligence analyst Laura Mansfield. She’s got a tip on a forthcoming video from As Sahab, the media production arm of Al Qaeda. Laura is also curious to see how the recent raid in Pakistan affects future video releases from Dr. Ayman al Zawahiri. If he’s really boxed into a 40 square mile area, he may find it difficult to release anything for awhile.
Good phone calls in the last half hour about John Kerry’s comment about people who volunteer for the Army. Yes, it’s still a free country and people can say what they think, but Kerry was a few votes away from being the commander-in-chief of the soldiers he maligned. In his position, words need to be chosen with more care.
Our soldiers in Iraq have the last word:
The Daily Intelligence Briefing:
- Military portrays situation in Iraq as nearing chaos
- Bechtel leaving Iraq after three years
- Iraq still lacks basic services
- Iran announces large-scale naval exercise in Persian Gulf
- US issues Lebanon ‘plot’ warning
- India welcomes Russian participation in Iran-Pakistan-India pipeline
- Alcohol now top killer in Finland
- Drug bust in New Mexico turns up British secrets
- DIY boarding pass website shut down by FBI
- Florida Diebold voting machines help voters pick ‘right’ candidate