I took up the gauntlet tonight: National Novel Writing Month begins next Wednesday, and I have accepted the challenge to write 50,000 words in 30 days. Sharon and I will stock up on Krispy Kremes (or maybe Dixie Creams) and coffee, and hit the ground running November 1.
My first guest this afternoon is Columbia’s municipal liaison for National Novel Writing Month, Noah Medling. His job is to shepherd the two dozen or so brave souls in Mid-MO through the thirty-day ordeal.
Then Dr. Terry Smith of Columbia College joined us to analyze the week in politics. Who’d have thought a week ago that Michael J. Fox would be at the center of Missouri’s senate race?
The Daily Intelligence Briefing:
– Total Information Awareness lives
– Navy spokesman: USS Eisenhower will not be in Persian Gulf
– Classified docs from Los Alamos turn up at drug bust
– Power grid maintenance trucks and equipment stolen
– Missing Polish scientist sought
– Carlyle Group among bidders for Tribune Co.