Casual Friday! We talked sports, Columbia’s proposed smoking ban, and video games with the Daily Trib’s Greg Miller.
The Daily Intelligence Briefing:
– Are the Moonies trying to take over the UN?
– General: US Army in danger
– US military plane looks for nuclear activity in N. Korea
– WHO team arrives in chikungunya-hit India
– Mystery illness kills 18 in Panama
– Teacher hacked to death in Mexico
– Lawmakers’ last-minute deal creates loopholes in border fence
– Bush claims authority to bypass to FEMA law
Regarding the last item: What’s the point of Congress passing a law — especially like the one in question, which is specifically intended to curb the power of the president, albeit in a rather small way — if the president can simply declare that he’s not bound to follow it?