Tom Ambrose, Commentary Editor at WorldNetDaily, summarizes The Summer of Conservative Discontent:
I can hear the howls of protest even as I write this, but just so you know where I’m coming from, I twice was an elected member of a large Republican county central committee. Nobody wanted to see the Republican Party succeed more than I did.
But the facts are clear: The GOP only pretends to support conservative values. Since Bush has been in office and the Republicans have controlled the House and Senate, here are just a few of the most egregious things that God’s Party has done for America:
- continued to support the United Nations, which seeks control over America.
- continued to allow the Internal Revenue Service to destroy the lives of U.S. citizens.
- continued to allow judges to use the U.S. Constitution as toilet paper.
- continued the cover-up of the attack on TWA Flight 800.
- continued the cover-up of the Oklahoma City bombing.
- continued to pay lip service to protecting U.S. borders, while actually inviting more illegal immigration.
Why are religious conservatives supporting this insanity? Let’s be real:
There is no longer any substantial difference between the Republican Party and the Democratic Party. The GOP now even actively supports pro-homosexual and pro-abortion politicians. Enough is enough!
Indeed. Michael A. Peroutka of the Constitution Party and Michael Badnarik of the Libertarian Party offer real choices that are more consistent with real conservative–and Christian–values than Messrs. Bush or Kerry.