Vox Day hits a home run with this gem:
The thing that conservatives often have a hard time getting their brains around is that left-liberals are both evil and functionally stupid. It’s not either/or, it’s both. This is the typical liberal argument:
- Make a statement that is demonstrably untrue, (usually out of ignorance, not deceit).
- After proof is given that the statement is untrue, argue that the underlying point did not require the statement to be true.
- After being walked – slowly – through a train of logic demonstrating that the point did, in fact, require the statement to be true, state that there are other facts, which unfortunately cannot be cited, that do support the underlying point.
- After it is pointed out that there is no reason to accept these unidentified facts given the now-proven unreliability of the source, attack the secret motivations of the person who has been methodically destroying the argument.
- After it is patiently explained that a) the person has no secret motivations, and b) the liberal started the entire conversation in the first place, say that it’s all irrelevant and attempt to change the subject.